About Us - Findings from the Ofsted Inspection 2009
This is the letter sent to the pupils explaining the findings of the inspection
Thank you for helping us when we recently visited your school. We enjoyed meeting you and finding out about your school. We found that it provides you with a satisfactory education. There is a good caring attitude in your school and it is a happy place. Well done!
These are the things that we judged to be good in your school.
- Your headteacher provides a good clear direction to the leadership and management work of the school.
- Your teachers give you good encouragement and, because of this, your work is steadily improving.
- The children in the Reception class are already settling quickly into school routines. Their classroom is well resourced and the new outdoor area is beginning to give extra opportunities for them to work outside.
- Throughout the school, the staff care well for you. As a result, you are all developing good attitudes towards your work and towards each other.
- You have a good understanding of how to remain healthy and keep safe.
- You are very polite and your good behaviour helps to create a positive environment in school.
There are still some ways in which your school could be better, and we have asked your headteacher and governors to do some specific things.
- Carry on making teaching and learning better, especially in Key Stage 1, and especially for those of you who are able to learn quickly.
- Help teachers make better use of information about your progress when they plan tasks. This will make sure work is right for you and help all of you learn even faster. We also want them to ensure that teachers' written comments in your books help you to understand clearly what you need to do to improve. We have asked them to always check to make certain that you know exactly what you have to do to improve your own work. You must play your part by reading the comments they write in your books and listening carefully to their advice.
- Help your teachers to include more ways for you to widen your understanding of the world beyond your own neighbourhood. This will help you to develop a better awareness of the different customs and traditions of other people in our modern society.
Once again, thank you for your help.