Our Mission Statement
"Live, love and learn in a caring Catholic community"
As a Catholic school community with Christ at its centre, St Joseph's seeks to bear witness to the Catholic faith, which is the foundation and inspiration of all its endeavours
We have a shared vision which encompasses the good of every person within the school community and wish to ensure that each person is enabled to achieve his/her potential in all areas of life - spiritual, emotional, physical and academic.
We readily welcome children from all denominations and faiths and currently the school has a healthy balance of children and families covering all sectors of our community.
A child's education begins from the moment he or she enters the world. As teachers we join parents as partners in a process in which they are already the main agents. We believe that a good school is an extension of a good home, building upon the care and values that a good home provides.
In broad terms, primary education is concerned with the development of children intellectually, socially, physically, morally and spiritually; so that they can lead full and useful lives both now and later.
Plymouth CAST Aims
Our Mission is to provide outstanding education and learning in a safe environment where Catholic values are promoted and encouraged for the benefit of all.
If we are effective in our mission, CAST will become:
- where every parent would want their child educated;
- where every school sector employee would want to work;
- where children of all abilities and backgrounds flourish;
- where all look to for good practice and innovation;
- where vulnerable educational institutions look for support;
- where ‘the gospel is preached at all times; where necessary, using words’ (after St Francis).