We have introduced a new element to our curriculum called MindUP.
Based firmly in neuroscience, MindUP gives children the knowledge and tools they need to manage stress, regulate emotions and face the challenges of life with resilience.
We will be embedding MindUP into whole school practice and it will be mapped alongside our PSHE curriculum.
Through MindUP, your child will:
- Understand how their brains work and how their brains influence thinking and behaviour;
- Increase self-regulatory and self-management skills for greater concentration and focus;
- Learn practices to reduce stress, calming their bodies and preparing their minds to learn;
- Practice pro-social skills like perspective taking, optimism and gratitude that will help them build better relationships with themselves and others.
Research shows that children using MindUP™ are less disruptive and are better engaged in learning — building personal resiliency and contributing more positively to the overall classroom and school culture.
- MindUP™ is a 15-lesson programme delivered by the class teacher
- MindUP™ is science-centric and evidence-based, with over 10 years of research conducted on the program’s efficacy
- MindUP™ is grounded four core pillars: Neuroscience, Positive Psychology, Mindful Awareness and Social-Emotional Learning
- MindUP™ has 15 lessons that teach activities around topics such as gratitude, mindfulness and perspective taking
- MindUP™ provides an immersive discovery experience along with daily core practices, such as the guided “Brain Break” breathing exercise
- MindUP™ drives positive behaviour, improves learning and scholastic performance, and increases empathy, optimism and compassion